This post is about how to use Ohio EBT online at ALDI to shop for groceries for pickup and delivery. If you are an Ohio Direction EBT cardholder and are wondering how to use your SNAP card to shop online at ALDI, we are here to help.
Ohio SNAP EBT recipients can now use their food stamp benefits to purchase eligible groceries online at ALDI and other approved supermarkets.
In this post, we are going to provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to shop for groceries online and pay with SNAP EBT at ALDI.
Table of Contents:
- EBT Online Purchasing Pilot Program
- How to Use Ohio EBT Online at ALDI
- Ohio EBT Card FAQs
EBT Online Purchasing Pilot Program
In 2017, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced a pilot program for online EBT purchases.
The program allows EBT Cardholders to purchase groceries online for delivery or pick-up.
The first state to actually launch an online EBT program was New York, starting in 2019.
Ohio was added to the pilot in June 2020.
ALDI EBT Online Purchase Program for Ohio
If you have an Ohio EBT card, you can now purchase groceries online from ALDI for delivery or pick up.
The delivery service is offered in partnership with Instacart.
You can only use your EBT card to buy eligible grocery items. You will have to add a credit or debit card to pay for non-EBT-eligible items.
In addition, you cannot use your food stamps dollars to pay for delivery.
Good news – SNAP recipients in Ohio (and 22 other states) can spend EBT payments at ALDI via instacart making it possible to have groceries delivered. (Extra important for people in COVID high risk groups) https://t.co/ZL9EoSo0dS
— Kate Warren (@KateWarrenCLE) January 4, 2021
How to Use Ohio EBT Online at ALDI
Follow the steps below to use your Ohio EBT card on Instacart for delivery or curbside pickup.
Click here for the ALDI store on Instacart.
Step 1 – Add your EBT SNAP card to Instacart
Here’s how to add your Ohio SNAP EBT card to Instacart:
To add an EBT card to your account on Instacart.com or in-app—
- Click or tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner (see the image below).
- Select Account settings.
- Select Payment methods.
- Select “Add” next to EBT SNAP.
- Enter the first name, last name, and card number on the EBT card.
- Select Save.
Other forms of Payment Required
To successfully use your SNAP EBT card on Instacart, you must also add a credit or debit card to your Instacart account.
This will enable you to cover fees, bottle deposits in some states, taxes, delivery tips, and any other non-EBT SNAP-eligible items you may want to purchase.
Also, only one EBT card can be saved to your profile.
If you need to add a different EBT card, you’ll need to remove the first one before adding another card.
Step 2 – Shop for eligible SNAP food items
There are a few ways for you to see which items are EBT SNAP eligible.
You can allow EBT SNAP-eligible items to display when you shop. To enable this setting—
- Click or tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner (account)
- Select “Account settings”
- Select “SNAP EBT info”
- Tap the slider to turn on Show EBT eligibility by item
Also, if you are shopping using your computer, you can check the EBT Eligible box as shown in the image below.
Lastly, you can confirm which items are EBT SNAP-eligible in your cart before checking out. It will say EBT under the name of each item that qualifies.
Step 3 – Check out with EBT SNAP Card
Here’s how to checkout on Instacart using your EBT Card:
To checkout, visit your cart and tap or click the green Checkout button. You’ll be asked to add a delivery address and your payment information—
- Enter your credit or debit card information and address
- Add your EBT card information
- Click or tap Edit to change the amount that will apply to your EBT card
- Click or tap Confirm payment method
- On the Place Order page, confirm all information is correct
- Click or tap Place Order
- After placing your order, you will be prompted to enter your EBT card pin to verify your purchase.
Exclusive Offer: For a limited-time, pay with EBT SNAP on Instacart at select retailers & get free grocery delivery or pickup on your first 3 $35+ EBT orders. Ends 6/30/23. Terms apply.
Ohio EBT Card FAQs
Here is a list of our most frequently asked about the Ohio EBT Card Grocery shopping online at ALDI.
Can I use my Ohio EBT online on the ALDI Shopping App?
No, you cannot pay with your Ohio EBT on the ALDI Mobile App.
ALDI only accepts online orders through Instacart.
How do I download the ALDI Mobile App?
With the ALDI Mobile app, you get the following:
- Weekly ALDI Finds Updates: With just one click you can get each week’s ALDI Finds right at your fingertips.
- New Low Prices: Find the latest price reductions on the items you love.
- Weekly Ads: Get your low prices even faster with our weekly ads.
- New at ALDI: Be the first to know about our latest and greatest items available at your local store.
- Create a Shopping List: Easily use our shopping list tool to create your list of must-have items.
- Store Locator: Find nearby ALDI stores from your current location – all with their address, directions, map, and store hours.
- QR Code Reader: Use our QR Code Reader to view special content on some of your favorite items.
What other stores accept Ohio EBT Online?
In addition to ALDI, the following grocery stores accept Ohio Direction EBT online for pickup and delivery:
- BJs Wholesale Club
- Buehler’s Fresh Foods
- Dave’s Supermarket, Inc. DBA Dave’s Supermarket
- Earth Fare
- Giant Eagle
- Just Dash It
- Sam’s Club Scan and Go
- Whole Foods
Can I Use EBT at Target online?
SNAP EBT cardholders will be able to use their EBT card at checkout just like they’d use a credit or debit card.
In addition, they can choose same-day Drive Up or Order Pickup options at no additional cost.
Also, same-day grocery delivery will be available at Target.com for $9.99.
When will Ohioans be able to use EBT at Restaurants?
Ohio Food Stamps benefits cannot be used to purchase hot food at Restaurants.
That is because Ohio does not currently participate in the Restaurant Meals Program (RMP).
However, according to this report from Vice, a nationwide RMP will likely require action from Congress.
In December 2021, Democratic U.S. Reps. Grace Meng and Bobby Rush joined with Republican Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick to introduce a bill allowing SNAP benefits to be used for hot foods and certain prepared foods.
We will continue to monitor this bill and report any updates as we get more information.
The fact that you can use SNAP to purchase a frozen, breaded chicken, but not a hot rotisserie chicken, frankly, makes no sense.
— Bobby L. Rush (@RepBobbyRush) December 21, 2021
How to Use Ohio EBT Online at ALDI Summary
We hope this post on How to Use Ohio EBT Online at ALDI was helpful to you!
Please let us know in the comments section below if you have more questions about your Ohio EBT or SNAP Benefits.
Also, be sure to check out our other articles about Ohio SNAP and EBT, including: